Having had a number of contacts with the phenomenon, I regularly ask myself about the nature of what is going on.
Is it some entity or group that is preparing us for takeover? Are we being monitored? Are we being groomed? Are we all just losing our minds?
I had a thought today while reading Jaques Vallee’s “UFO’s – The Psychic Solution” from 1977. I was looking at the way Dr. Vallee takes into account a bigger picture perspective on the activities of the phenomenon, which is much like myself. I strive to see the whole picture and not just the fragments.
As I was thinking about this, I wondered whether the purpose or intent of the phenomenon could be to stretch our minds. That’s it.
Every single sighting, visitation, and experience related to the phenomenon seems to have the one thing in common – it stretches the mind of the experiencer to a degree that all the sudden – in a split second – the world view of the experiencer opens to allow for the possibility of much more to our existence here than just the nuts and bolts of facts and common sense about the way the world works.
After an experience with the phenomenon, there is a second-order change that occurs in the mind. The mind is blown, so to speak. The mind has been stretched in a way that is like a preview to another dimension of consciousness. It’s as if we’re living in a Flatland as two-dimensional objects, and we see a glimpse of the third dimension. We cannot understand the third-dimension from our perspective, but it stretches our minds so that we can allow for it.
Seeing a saucer or an outright alien, or some other weirdness like the activities going on at Skinwalker Ranch, instantly blows open what was previously known as fact. Aircraft do this, they are incapable of that. People look like this, not like that. Communication occurs through moving mouths and using vocal cords, not through the mind.
I thought back to the couple experiences I’ve had with the anomalous phenomenon to see, what was the effect on me?
Though my experiences didn’t really seem to mean anything at all in terms of what I know, it had some effect. I think this is true in all cases. My experiences didn’t involve a direct communication of some high-level idea that mankind is killing itself and the environment with plastics, nuclear weapon radiation, polluting the waterways and oceans.
My experiences didn’t have me jump sideways into pursuits of arts, physics, or math like some experiencers report. My experiences seemed to be strictly visual. They were outrageous, yes. But, there was no auditory communication either out loud or clairaudience which gave me some message.
I’ll use this page to briefly review all of my experiences.
1. Group of Angled Discs in the Sky – I must have been around 10 years old. My mother was driving, and me, my brother 6, and sister 8, were in the car. We were stopped at a stoplight at the bottom of my grandmother’s hill where she lived in New Kensington, Pennsylvania. It was sunny out and I believe the weather was warm, so, likely on a day from May through September. One of us saw, and I think it was me that noticed it, a group of angled, shiny discs hanging in the sky motionless. They were maybe 100 meters away and at maybe a 40-degree angle off the horizon. They were brilliant, sharp-edged, and all of us were staring at them intensely. There is a haze of memory over this event, and I cannot recall clearly what happened.
What I do remember is some people getting out of their cars, some beeping their horns and pointing up at the angled discs. I don’t remember how long we looked. I don’t remember how they left, or how we left, but I do remember being about a mile down the road when I snapped back into ‘reality’ and we were all talking about it. My mother was downplaying the incident from the time we saw them, saying, “oh, they’re probably nothing. Don’t be ridiculous.” She would downplay every statement.
That’s about as much as I remember. I only recently re-remembered the incident and told my brother and sister about it. My sister doesn’t remember at all. My brother does. My mom does not.
RESULT – Not sure. Minds were blown in that car that day, that is for sure. I think because my mom downplayed it, we kids thought it was probably not a huge deal and so we didn’t speak about it much after that, and eventually, the event disappeared from our minds for a while. In the case of my mother and sister – completely.
2. Verbal Message – Reclining on my bed as a 26-year-old university student. Music was on, and I was in a contemplative mood. I had been reading something about eastern religion or mysticism at the time and I was very aware, absolutely lucid, eyes open and completely sober. I hadn’t had alcohol for years at that point, I was a triathlete and was focused on that and studying. I was a vegan for years at that point as well. I heard very clearly in a voice not my own, “Alex needs teaching.”
I don’t know if the voice was outside my head, and perceived by my ears, or whether it was entirely inside my head, but I heard it clear as day. I sat straight up and frantically looked around the room trying desperately to understand what had just happened.
I knew only one “Alex.” Her name was Alexandria. She was my first wife when I was just 21. She had some mental issues that were not shared with me before we married, and we divorced a couple of years later. Some minutes after I heard the voice the first time, I heard, “See what you can do.”
The second experience validated the first, and I was sure I wasn’t losing my mind, but I struggled to grasp what had happened. To this day, I cannot make sense of it.
RESULT – the result of what happened was that my mind was blown. My previous self was logical and rigid in my interpretation of life. I laughed away stories of ghosts, of the supernatural, of the unexplained. I thought UFOs and Aliens might exist, but I saw them only in terms of the logical – they must be from a distant planet, having evolved in their own way, and were smarter than us because they could get here before we got to them.
I did nothing with the suggestions that I see what I could do to help Alex with teaching. I hadn’t spoken to her in years, and I wasn’t planning on it. I felt there was some urgency to the message, some importance of it. That certainly seemed evident, but I simply churned over the experience countless times to see what I could make of the voice. I was trying to analytically look at the voice and the weirdness, instead of listening to the message.
My mind was blown, sure, but not blown enough to take the message seriously. That would be a whole new level of taking it seriously, right? To this day, I don’t know whether Alex found teaching or not, or whether she needed me to teach her something, or whether there was some other proper interpretation of the message that I was missing. For years I wondered occasionally, but just never did anything with it.
3. Life Force of Dying Fetus – I’ve written about this a few times and even did a video about it. This was a super-mind-blower that I’ve still not recovered from. Like just now as I remember it in detail, my head shakes back and forth just incredulous that something like this could even happen.
In short, meditating in Jhana 4 with my eyes open while sitting on the floor in a spare bedroom. There is a movement in the rug – like a heat wave pattern that blurs it. It lifts off the rug and is in the air, hovering about one foot off the rug. Visually, it’s a sort of blurriness with brief instances of being sharper, but fading again to blurry. In my mind, I start to feel connected with this thing. Then I feel empathy for it – a feeling of love or protection over it. I start to feel a bond between me and it, and my family line behind it… it is as if it is connected to my mother, father, grandparents, etc. It is as if it’s pulling my emotion toward it…
Goes for 5-10 minutes or so. Finish meditation and write a journal entry about it. It was the strangest experience I’ve ever had during meditation.
I didn’t share it with my then wife (2nd) because she didn’t like to hear about my meditation experiences anymore. I was in too deep and it was taking time away from her. Taking “ME” away from her, really.
Next night – she is showering. I hear, VERNON COME HERE! I start walking there, thinking it’s a spider in the bathroom. She screams again, louder, more frantic. I run. I arrive and pull back the curtain. She’s against the far side of the shower looking down in horror. She had spontaneously aborted and it was laying in the tub. It was very small – we couldn’t see a fetus, just a little lump.
I later told her of the vision while meditating and showed her the journal entry. We were never quite the same after that!
RESULT – That event blew my mind like nothing other. Even today it absolutely floors me to think about it. I stopped meditating shortly after that, and I sometimes wonder if stuff like that is possible if I go back into the fourth Jhana. Buddha talked about “Abhinna” powers, of which seeing, knowing, the souls of unborn living and dying people is an abhinna power.
4. Knowing People – after reaching Jhana 4 in my meditation I noticed that I had an instant feeling about people as I met them or passed them on the street. It was like some psychic idea of a person’s mental state. I felt that I could discern immediately whether there was a problem or a threat, or if there was nothing to worry about with the person.
RESULT – I just figured it was something my brain was conjuring up, so I didn’t take it seriously. Still, when it happened, I had no doubt in my mind that the idea about the person was 100% correct.
5. Urging to Talk about In-Laws – We’d just been to visit my wife’s family in the northeast of Thailand. We were back eating at our favorite restaurant. Meal almost done, we were talking about something unrelated. My wife was saying something when I got this overwhelming urge to tell her how amazing I thought her aunt and uncle were… how good they were as people, and how there just weren’t people like that in the world much.
I interrupted her to say it, stressing how I felt I MUST tell her that right now. In 10-minutes we’re driving home, the phone rings. I have a tenseness in my whole body. She answers. It’s the doctor at the emergency room, her aunt and uncle just died in a car crash 10 minutes ago.
RESULT – Shocking for sure. An odd coincidence maybe. It was the urgency of the message that was so strange to me. I never get that. The only premonition of death I’ve had was the fetus spirit as I meditated. I never had anything like that outside of meditation. My wife believes I have some gift about this, and when I have a dream, she’s always afraid of what it might mean. My dreams have been odd, but have never predicted anyone’s passing.
My mind has been opened to the possibility of sensing death, but it doesn’t happen much. It isn’t predictable as far as I know. It isn’t able to be practiced, as far as I know.
6. Light Bubble, Orb – in a hotel in Surat Thani in Southern Thailand. Relaxing on the bed looking at Craigslist for something on my notebook computer.
A laser-like white random light is in the corner of the window. Outside or in the window itself, I cannot tell. It comes into the room as a bubble of light, long – 1 to 1.5 meters long. The rear end meets the front as it snaps together. It forms a snow-white sphere of light that hovers 1 meter off the floor and rises up and comes toward me and stops about 1.5 meters away from my face.
It just stays there. Unmoving. Soundless. No pattern inside. No heat or cold. PURE white light like snow. Light not radiating from within – just OF the white light. Sharply defined edges, but I cannot stare directly at them. My mind is flat. No thought. Just curiosity at full power as I soak in every detail of what is going on. It lasts seconds or minutes. Not sure because I never see it leave.
I am watching it in full attention and then gradually come to the realization that it is no longer there. My consciousness has somehow paused and this thing went away – but I wasn’t conscious of it, despite staring right at it.
RESULT – even more bizarre maybe than the fetus premonition because this was outside of any context. I wasn’t meditating. I wasn’t drunk. I wasn’t anything, it was just a normal day when this super-extreme activity happened.
This one really threw me because there was no message. No feeling. No idea that popped into my head. No voice. No emotion. This was like a pure supernatural event that just showed me that this sort of thing can happen at any time, to anybody, in any way it chooses.
7. Sky Comma – Looking out the back door on my second-floor balcony. I look up because I had a feeling that I should look up. As I do, I see an upside-down comma created high in the sky. It must be massive because it’s that high and I see it so clearly. It takes 1 second to form the curve of the line, and it ends in a round dot that explodes with a pop in my head that did not come through my ears. It was almost comic book like. The explosion had little lines coming off it as if you’d draw it, not like a real explosion. The pop sound in my head was comical too – like a wine-cork popping funny in a childrens’ cartoon.
RESULT – mind blown. It seemed to have a playful or absurd characteristic to it. Maybe expanding the mind at the same time as saying, don’t take life so seriously. Reality is much different than the way you perceive it. Allow for MANY other things to be possible in your mind so you have a better idea what true reality is.
* * *
So, those are my major experiences. The result for all of them is an opening of the mind to accept the possibility that things like this exist. The phenomenon appears to be expanding our minds in different ways. It appears to be showing us different realities are possible. It shows us that our logical, concrete ideas of reality are not true. There is more.
Is it giving us a REASON TO KEEP GOING? A reason to keep playing this game? Is it stoking our curiosity because it wants us to attain the highest level of knowledge that is possible? Is it prodding us along like that? Inching us closer to the true reality?
There are no answers with the study of the phenomenon, only questions.
So many questions.
Does anyone KNOW anything 100% about it? About the ‘why’ they’re here? What they’re doing?